The AC/DC 225/125 is the deluxe version of the world renowned AC-225 arc welder. It uses the same traditional design of the AC-225, but adds the smoother, more stable DC welding arc. Ideal for farm, shop, and home use where improved arc welding performance is desired.
The AC/DC 225/125 is an arc welding power source with an AC welding output range of 40-225 amps and a DC welding output range of 30-125 amps. It is an extremely useful stick welding power source for maintenance repair, fabrication, construction, erecting and hardfacing applications. Also for cutting and piercing holes in steel.
• Easy to operate with front mounted AC/DC polarity switch and full range amperage selector switch for accurate and dependable procedure setting.
• Traditional design provides long-life and low cost operation.
• Compact size allows for easy storage and handling.
• AC or DC welding output for complete stick welding versatility.
• Smooth arc makes it easy to weld with different electrodes, including mild steel, low hydrogen, stainless steel and hardfacing electrodes.
• Use the electrode polarity switch on the front of the machine to select a DC welding arc where a stable arc is essential.
• Select an AC welding arc for large diameter general purposes electrodes for welding heavier plate where higher deposition rates and travel speeds are desired.
• Unit Includes: Insulated electrode holder and cable, heavy duty work clamp and cable, helpful Welder's Guide, and input cable with attached plug.
• Electrode selection chart on the machine case provides quick and easy reference guide for amperage selection.
• 225 amp AC output is enough for 3/16" diameter general purpose mild steel electrodes and 5/32" sizes of other electrodes.
• 125 amp DC output is enough for most 1/8" electrodes.
• Fan-cooled for extra thermal protection.
• Vermin resistant mesh bottom keeps rodents and pests out of the case.
• Powder paint finish for high corrosion resistance.
• NEMA rated (60 Hz only).
• UL listed and CSA approved (60 Hz only).
• Manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9001 requirements.